I'm so glad when Daddy comes home...


I love the moments when we learn something about ourselves from our children. This past week I was reminded by my precocious little two year old, how strong my love for my faithful companion really is…

From the get-go, pediatricians will tell you that it is very common for babies to have a fussy time of day, where they aren’t hungry, messy or sleepy, they don’t want to be held, set down, or bathed, they are just grumpy. From the day Rachel was born, that time of day was always the hour before Daddy got home -no matter what varying time that may have been- she (and I) would get just plain grumpy.

Rachel is two and a half years old now (don’t ask months, I lose track after 12) and the grumpy time continues. By now it has become second nature to me to hear the whines begin and just say “You’re okay, Daddy will be home in one hour Rachel, you’re just fine.” And then move on with whatever I’m doing. The other day I had a tender little moment with her when the tables had turned. This time I was grumpy and everything was going wrong and I just broke down and started to cry. Not long after throwing myself down like a dramatic Disney princess to just cry it out I felt tow little hands start to gently rub my shoulders and heard my sweet little Rachel Belle compassionately tell me “It okay Mommy, Daddy home one hour kay!”

What a sweet and observant little girl we have! She knows that no one can heal a bad day quite like Daddy can and was there to try and help me through it. What a wonderful man Adam is! It brightens the day for each of us to have him come home to be with us again. There is a place in our home and hearts that only he can fill. We love you Daddy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A few new cakes

Corn Maze Mayhem