A few new cakes


Still very amateur, but this is a phone book cake I made for my brother to ask a girl to a dance. He left clues in the book as to which page to turn to to decode both his first and last name. Cute, but I had no idea how hard it would be to frost a smooth layer of frosting over a saran wrapped book! 


Here is my version of a Tinkerbell waterfall cake I made for my niece. I even wrapped the waterfall around to the back and had Vidia there too. To make the water look a little shinny I added some blue food coloring to some light corn syrup and spread it all over the water. I was pretty hay with how it turned out, especially since I am making this up as I go! 


For my nephews birthday, all he said he wanted was a cake that had toys on it. I finally got a little more from him when he said he would like a Cars cake with Mater coming out of the cake, so here it is!

Comments

  1. Well, since 2 out of the 3 cakes you shared here were made for MY family, I figured I'd better say a big "Thank-you!" once again! You are VERY talented! And it was fun hearing & seeing about your Disneyland trip... It's always fun making family memories! (Especially when no one gets sick though!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Corn Maze Mayhem