Wahoo! I finally have a hobby I enjoy that I can do easily, no matter the season, at home! I used to love to design dresses on cartoon figures when I was a teenager, but it never amounted to more than paper and pencil because the sewing machine intimidated me too much. For Christmas this year however, I got a sewing machine (white and lime green -my favorite color!) and I have been having some fun putting some ideas into practice. I haven't made anything super fancy or unique yet, but I am definitely just a beginner so I'll have to give it some time!

Good grief, zippers are going to take me some time to figure out! It looked terrible on the pink dress, so I decided that the detachable flower should go right there and only you and I will ever know! Besides that, I think even my primitive dresses turned out pretty well, it helps when you have a really cute daughter to model the dresses you make and inspire the excitement to create! Isn't she adorable!




Comments

  1. They turned out DARLING Em for only your first try at it! I definitely like the pink frilly one better though... But of course, only my little girls could pull them off! Great job! I thought of some ideas for you for your NEXT sewing project... Skyler has his first loose tooth, which has reminded me of our family's "Tooth-Fairy Pillowcase" growing up. I bet you could make one pretty easy by the time Rachel Belle would be loosing teeth! And then I know you like having matching pajamas, so wouldn't it be fun to make all your family matching Christmas pajamas every year?! My neighbor made HER kids some adorable ones with frilly white fur-looking cuffs on the bottom... I'm sure you'd have fun with something like that! Oh, the possibilities! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A few new cakes

Corn Maze Mayhem